The Golf Club of Oklahoma is seeking a highly motivated applicant with a strong work ethic and positive attitude to assist in the leadership of our horticulture department. The assistant will be involved in all aspects of the course management, while working closely with the Superintendent. Learning is an important part of this role, and is valuable to our team. Potential candidates must be focused on the long-term goal of obtaining knowledge and skills in becoming a Golf Course Superintendent.
Candidates will have these qualifications, but are not limited to:
· Bentgrass management
· Moisture management
· Chemical and fertilizer applications and records
· Crew management and motivation
· Scheduling and time management
· Organizational skills
· Irrigation troubleshooting, and repair
· Keen eye for details
· Bunker management
· Equipment knowledge
· Ability to multi-task and handle fast pace working environment and urgency.
· Ability to obtain Pesticide license within 120 days of hire
· Willingness to work long hours and weekend duties
· Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Agronomy, Turf Management, Horticulture or other related fields preferred.
· Minimum of two years in turf management capacity
· Obtain and maintain an Oklahoma Pesticide License
Additional Salary Information: Benefit Package Includes: medical, dental, vision insurance, disability, life insurance, 401k after 1 year, and attire.
About The Golf Club of Oklahoma
The Golf Club of Oklahoma
20400 E 141st St.
Broken Arrow, OK 74014