Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Plan and implement budgets. Hire, train and supervise staff. Apply agronomic, landscaping, and horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded. Maintain a safe, productive work environment and ensure that market position standards are met and the golf course continually improves.
Essential job functions:
· Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
· Supervise course construction projects and all planting and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees.
· With the Operational Team, develop and propose a yearly maintenance plan as well as budget for the golf course. Implement the approved maintenance plan and adhere to the budget.
· Per maintenance specifications, direct and supervise the maintenance of greens, fairways, tees, sand traps, bodies of water, roughs, maintenance shop and grounds, cart maintenance, and clubhouse maintenance.
· Create a high-performance team of co-workers while maintaining a positive, SAFE, challenging, enjoyable work environment.
· Recruit, train, develop, and manage Co-workers. Responsible for Co-worker satisfaction. Address any safety issues immediately.
· Safety is our first priority – Implement Safety Policy. Conduct monthly safety meeting/training with maintenance staff and record attendance. Complete safety audit to ensure all issues are addressed.
· Establish and implement a maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
· Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
· Maintain accurate records to track labor costs, maintenance expenses, construction activities, equipment repair, OSHA safety activities, and fertilizer, chemical, and pest control practices within city, parish, state and federal guidelines.
· Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved.
· Supervise and perform equipment repair and maintenance.
· Participate in weekly Department Head meetings.
· Supervise and performs irrigation scheduling and repairs.
· Maintain security of golf course property and buildings.
· Maintain course character consistent with the rules of golf and maintenance standards.
· Solve technical problems of the golf course maintenance.
· Responsible for identifying, and implementing, approved capital improvements.
· Maintain the golf course grounds in an environmentally sensitive way.
· Any changes to the design (e.g. removing sand bunkers, trees), require approval of President.
· Promotes and follows all current and future company and course policies and rules.
· Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk and crouch
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
· The co-worker can be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to wildlife such as snakes, scorpions, spiders, bees and hornets
· Bachelors' degree and experience managing a golf course is required, college or university program certificate strongly preferred, 3-6 years’ turf grass, golf course related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of years and experience.
· Active member of GCSAA
· Experience in all phases of golf course management
· Strong budget management and forecasting skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong observational skills and detail oriented
· Highly organized
· Must be able to operate trucks and motorized equipment necessary for golf course maintenance, and have the ability to work independently.
· Requires ability to frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
About DeBell Golf Club
Touchstone Golf is a recognized leader in the golf course industry, providing comprehensive Management Services to golf course owners. We recognize that each golf course property is unique, as are the objectives of the owners of the golf course. Unlike many management companies in the industry, we customize our management engagements to address the specific needs of each property, placing emphasis on meeting strategic objectives of the owners. Incentives that align our mutual financial objectives are a critical component to each management engagement we enter into creating the proper "win-win" environment.